Search This Blog

13 April 2009

The beginning

Welcome to my food blog! I've been wanting to do something like this for a while now and finally decided to make it happen. A while back I decided that I wanted to invent the awesomest dessert ever and call it "gooey somethings." But I couldn't figure out what kind of thing this dessert would be - would it be like cake or cookies or pie or pudding or something completely different? The name was too vague for one dessert, but it seems just right for a blog!
So here's some background on me: I love to bake, especially breads and desserts, and I love cheese. I hardly ever cook something straight from the recipe. Instead I like to substitute things if the recipe calls for an ingredient that I don't care for. I want to record actual recipes here, but I'm afraid I don't always take exact measurements and I hardly ever actually write them down. I'll try to have pictures, but I can't guarantee they'll be any good. Also, right now I'm living overseas, so I don't have all of my favorite kitchen equipment (I just barely got a set of measuring cups and spoons two weeks ago). I can't buy all of the same ingredients that I regularly use (I have a hard time figuring out which kind of flour is which at the grocery store). Everything I've made lately has been very experimental. So right now I'm going to be writing more about the food that we buy here, and not so much about the food that I make.

No comments:

Post a Comment