Search This Blog

04 October 2011

Harvest Time: or I wish I had an orchard

Today I was lucky enough to be able to go to a pick-your-own farm with some friends to pick my own apples. I'm so grateful for friends who let me tag along with them and have a great time with them and their kids.

Since I apparently can't resist fresh produce, and since this year I haven't had a chance to do any jamming yet, I ended up bringing home 60 pounds. I think they are mostly fuji apples, but there might be some cameos too. And they are delicious! This is how apples are meant to be eaten, fresh from the tree.  I'm excited to do something with them, hopefully over the next couple of days there will be dried apples and canned applesauce stored away and maybe even some ready-to-bake pies in the freezer instead of all this . . . . .


1 comment:

  1. You've got your work cut out for you, but it all looks yummy! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete