Search This Blog

19 May 2012

Veggie Spring Rolls

I haven't had a lot of creative juices lately, so I don't have a big story for you, just some pictures to show how easy it is to make your own summer rolls, just like a friend showed me, she also has a special dipping sauce for it, I think it is peanut ginger, we just used an all-purpose Korean sauce.


You'll need some rice paper, I got some at the vietnamese store, the are probably easy to find at regular stores too, here's what to look for:



You can use whatever you want for filling, I used:

Carrots
Cucumbers
Daikon radish

I used about 4 carrots to 1 cucumber to 1/2 daikon radish, and that made a lot of rolls.



Shred the carrots and radish, and cut the cucumbers into strips. Put some warm water in a bowl, dip rice paper one at a time in the warm water for about 5 seconds, remove, then arrange the fillings on the rice paper, and roll it up like a burrito.


Easy peasy!

No comments:

Post a Comment