Search This Blog

20 October 2010

Crepe Party

I made some crepes the other night, my crepe pan is well seasoned now and I have the technique down, so it was kind of a party. The savory crepes for dinner were delightful and surprisingly filling. I used the recipe for blintzes from Mark Bittman's "How to Cook Everything Vegetarian" and they were very sturdy and hefty, as you can see in this picture. You can use any tried and true crepe or blintz recipe.

















Savory Crepes For Dinner
1 onion, finely chopped
about 10 mushrooms, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 10 oz. package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
3-4 oz. mozzerella cheese, shredded or diced
2.5 oz. parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste
10-12 crepes or blintzes, already cooked

Saute onion, mushrooms and garlic till soft, let cool somewhat. Mix with well drained spinach, cheese and spices. Place about 1/4 cup of filling on the crepe and roll it up burrito style. Place all of the rolled crepes in a casserole pan in a 350 F oven for 10-15 minutes, until the cheese is melty, then serve. Or you can just keep the filling very hot when you prepare it and everyone can roll up their own.


And I made sweet crepes for dessert/breakfast the next day with cottage cheese and berries and a dash of sugar. You don't really need a recipe for this one.


2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love crepes! And those look delicious. I usually just wrap frozen mixed veggies and cheese in mine when I serve them for dinner, but I never thought to pop them back in the oven. I'm definitly going to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hardly every do savory crepes, usually we just eat ours with nutella :)

    ReplyDelete