Search This Blog

29 March 2010

Fried Chickpea Stew

I made something like this dish from Mark Bittman today: pan-fried chickpeas.
I added some diced onion, green bell pepper and a tiny bit of chopped chipotle peppers instead of the chorizo, and it was very good. I didn't fry the beans enough by themselves because I was impatient, so the result wasn't quite the same as what he describes, but it was still very good (even though I generally stay away from anything with garbonzos just because my Dad always made me eat them) and very easy to make, and probably super healthy. We ate ours today with manitaropita, or fillo triangles filled with mushrooms; the two things on the plate looked super Mediterranean.
Now I have to figure out something to do with the rest of the can of chipotle peppers. Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment